Saturday, June 12, 2010

Stealing Summer

I walked out on my deck this morning. The birds were singing, the air was warm and moist and the skies are summer blue. I found myself wishing that I could steal a bit of summer, bottle it up and pull it back out on a winter day.
You see, summer always seems to slip right through my hands before I have really had a chance to enjoy it.
Isn't life that way too if we are not careful?

I schedule everything else, I also need to schedule "stealing a bit of summer".
I'm thinking more bike rides, reading books on the deck, quietly sitting in my garden to name a few.

Life is busy, no doubt. We can all benefit from remembering to schedule some time for play.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Crazy Candle Lady,
    It's me- the Crazy Pixie Woman! I agree with you- eveything goes by so quickly, we have to make time to take time!
    Talk to you soon,
    Tobi and the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete